Health and Safety at Work Course
This is the essential health and safety course! This course covers the core fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace and how these are observed in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. This course is designed for trainees to be able to understand and apply safe and effective workplace health and safety practices at work in relation to the new Act, including hazard identification and risk assessment.
Who Should Attend
Any worker! This is an ideal course to get to know the new legislation and how this applies to your work environment. All workers are required to understand the legislative and organisational health and safety requirements for the workplace and are able to apply these effectively.
- Identify and describe legislative rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety
- Describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety
- Explain how hazards and risks are defined in the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Identify the principles of workplace safety in a given workplace
- Demonstrate safe work practices in a specific workplace
- Describe hazards that may harm workers, the work environment, and organisations
- Explain health and safety requirements for hazard control
- Describe hazard control methods
- Identify hazards and apply risk assessment procedures
- Be 16 years of age or over
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.0 (General Training). Proof of this will be required.
NZQA Unit Standards Included
|Unit Standard||Title||Credit Value|
|497||Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements||3|
|17593||Apply safe work practices in the workplace||4|
|17602||Apply hazard identification and risk assessment procedures in the workplace||4|
Minimum of 8 trainees and a maximum of 12 trainees
$330.00 + GST per person
Course costs include all learning materials and completion certificate. Costs also include registration of unit standard credits with NZQA.
This course is able to be customised to your work environment through the use of relevant scenarios and policies and procedures. Contact us to find out more about how we can tailor this programme delivery in your workplace.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact AMS Group to find out more about on-site training options available for this course.