Financial Risk Management Services
If you are self-employed or a contractor, then quite possibly the two biggest financial risks facing you are “Income Protection” and “Risk Insurance”. This can have an affect on you, your family and your business. Getting the right type of coverage tailored to your specific needs and requirements can be a daunting task, that’s where Logan Smythe & Associates Ltd can help. They can provide financial advice and assist you with navigating through the maze of paperwork, online forms, insurance companies, and a multitude of financial and insurance products.
The “ACC CoverPlus Extra” policy enables you to negotiate your level of lost earnings cover 1. That way you know exactly what you’ll receive if you’re injured and can’t work – and it doesn’t matter whether the injury is work related.
At a glance
- ACC CoverPlus Extra is available to all self-employed and non-PAYE shareholder-employees who work 30 hours or more per week – and to part-timers whose earnings exceed the ACC CoverPlus Extra minimum2 (which changes each year).
- You negotiate your level of lost earnings cover.
- You receive 100% of this lost earnings cover (less tax) if you can’t work because of an injury, starting one week after your injury. This stays the same even if your business continues to generate income during your time off work or you return to work part-time.
- You can opt for Lower Levels of Weekly Compensation (LLWC) which offers a lower levy rate because weekly compensation will reduce if your business continues to generate income during your time off work or you return to work part-time.
- You don’t have to prove loss of earnings when you make a claim.
- You have access to medical and work-related help as part of your ACC CoverPlus Extra policy.
- ACC CoverPlus Extra Fact Sheet – Download PDF
- ACC CoverPlus Comparison Sheet – Download PDF
- ACC CoverPlus Extra terms and conditions – Download PDF
- ACC CoverPlus Extra Presentation – Download PDF
- RFA Disclosure Statement – Download PDF
- Terms of Engagement – Download PDF
1 Subject to ACC underwriting.
2 To find out the current maximum and minimum earnings threshold, please go to www.acc.co.nz/cpx.